A new user submits a registration form and is told they can now login with password which will be sent – but it is not sent yet as the registration needs to be moderated.
- The would-be user is sent an email “Your registration has been received and is pending approval.
You will receive login instructions upon approval of your account“
- The administrator is sent an email with details and a link to activate the user. You must be already logged in to follow that link. Otherwise log in, go to control panel>Users>All users and filter the list to Not active. Find the would-be user and select Edit
- Review the user’s details. Check that it is genuine and
- Their boat name is valid
- Set their display name to the form Fred – Titanic. To do this enter it in the Nickname field and then select that as the display name.
- Review biographical information and curtail life histories!
- When satisfied, activate user by ticking Activate box and click on Update User
- On activation, user is sent an email “Your registration for Morgan Giles 30 Yachts has been approved.” and including their account name and an allocated password. They can now log in.
NB: Ordinary users should be members of the group Registered. This gives then permission to see the list of members and their email addresses. If you want to register a non-owner user or visitor, you could remove them from this group, which would restrict their ability to post and see the members list.
To reject a user: if spam, best not to reply as it will give your email address away, otherwise send email explaining, then delete user entry.